Because 75-percent of all women color their hair and hair can grow about a half-inch every month, it’s essential to have an easy, effective way to perform root touch-ups at home. Fortunately, with ion™ Color Brilliance™ Permanent Crème 10 Minute Hair Color, you can quickly touch up new growth, covering even grays, with ease.
What Do I Need for a Root Touch Up?
The right supplies are a must for any home hair coloring project. For your root touch up, you’ll need the ion™ Color Brilliance™ Permanent Crème 10 Minute Hair Color in the shade that will match and conceal your growth. Other items needed for performing your quick root touch up are:
- Brush. A quality paddle brush is friendly to your hair, minimizing damage.
- Pintail comb (for sectioning the hair).
- Clips to secure the sections.
- Gloves (always use these when applying any hair color).
- Tint brush to apply the color.
- Old shirt, towel, or cape to protect clothing.
How to Touch Up Roots
Once you have all your supplies ready, be sure to read any and all instructions included with the ion™ Color Brilliance™ Permanent Crème 10 Minute Hair Color. Follow any instructions for preparation and then begin by making sure your hair has been thoroughly brushed and detangled. Know where the roots or re-growth of your hair ends — this is as far as you’ll need to apply the color.
- Use the pintail comb to part your hair and apply a layer of color at this center part.
- Next, create four sections of your hair parted in the middle, two in front and two in back. Secure with clips if needed.
- Use the pintail comb to lift up sections (about one-quarter inch each) and apply color to the new growth.
- Be sure to brush the color upward, from scalp and outward.
- Flip each completed section over to the side. (Note: you should be able to see through the sections, if not, you’re trying to color areas that are too large.)
- For the back sections, try beginning at the top and working diagonally so it’s easier to ensure you don’t miss any spots.
- Make sure you don’t forget to color at the hairline.
The Post Color Shampoo is designed to neutralize the oxidation process, eliminate color residue gently, and preserve the shine plus longevity of the color.
The great thing about ion™ Color Brilliance™ Permanent Crème 10 Minute Hair Color is that it’s available in so many shades that range from very light blonde to medium red blonde and dark brown. There’s truly a color for everyone. Now you can find it in four new shades: Midnight Blue Black, Midnight Violet, Plum, and Black Cherry. This hair color is the perfect solution for covering roots as well as annoying grays. Even the man in your life will love it! He can use it to quickly touch up grays.