ion™ Hair Color’s superior quality, proprietary blends are formulated in Italy by our expert team of chemists to deliver unparalleled results. ion's unique system combines the finest quality natural and exotic ingredients with powerful high-tech compounds to achieve exquisite, brilliant color with superior gray coverage. ion™ Hair Color science relies on the power of micro-pigmentation— ion's microscopic pigment molecules oxidize slower, allowing them to penetrate deep into the cortex of each hair strand for long-lasting, fade-resistant color.
These formulas are PPD-free and enriched with Hyaluronic Acid, Argan Oil, Pequi Oil, and botanicals to nourish and strengthen hair from within. Not to mention, ion™ Hair Color is gentle on hair, containing up to 38% less ammonia than the leading professional brands on the market. Unlock your hair’s true potential with Ion’s cutting-edge, salon-quality color science and bring home vibrancy like never before.
Select desired shade. Mix 2 oz. of ion Intensive Shine Demi Hair Color with 4 oz. ion Sensitive Scalp Creme Developer 10 Volume in a non-metallic bowl. Mixing ratio is 1:2 unless otherwise noted. All instructions are based on average texture, normal porosity; Fine hair is much more receptive to hair coloring where coarse hair is not.
Use ion Color Brilliance Pre-Color Treatment to help ensure even color results from scalp to ends. A five-minute cool down is recommended if heat is used prior to rinsing. Standard processing time is 10-40 minutes at room temperature and 10-15 minutes with heat. After processing, rinse hair thoroughly until the water runs clear. Shampoo and style as desired.
Always read the product packaging and inserts for complete directions, instructions, and warnings, and make sure to perform both the strand test and the patch test before applying your color.
- Demi-permanent hair color is the most versatile kind of haircolor, because it lasts much longer than semi-permanent color (up to six weeks). It is sometimes referred to as deposit-only hair color or non-lift deposit-only color, because it’s formulated to deposit (add), but not to lift (lighten) color. Demi-permanent color is ideal for blending or covering gray (up to 100 percent!) and enhancing, deepening, or changing the tone of your natural color. It also adds intense shine.
- Always wear gloves. Using a non-metallic bowl or tint bottle, mix 2 oz. of ion Color Brilliance Intensive Shine Demi Permanent Creme Hair Color with either 2 oz. or 4 oz. ion Sensitive Scalp Creme Developer 10 volume. Apply mixture immediately after mixing to dry hair. Do not store mixture; container may burst.
- For natural, non-color-treated hair (virgin application): Apply formula to the scalp area. Immediately work through mid-lengths and ends.
- For Retouching: Apply formula to the scalp (new growth) area. Process for half the recommended processing time, and then work formula through the mid-lengths and ends. Finish processing. Because 45-50% of color loss is attributed to shampooing, it is imperative to use hair care products formulated for color-treated hair.
- Always read the product packaging and inserts for complete directions, instructions, and warnings, and make sure to perform both the strand test and the patch test before applying your color.