There are many factors that go into hair care, especially when it comes to controlling the temperature that is just right for your hair type. There is even a way for you to easily and quickly change temperature with a new innovative ion® Touch Tech™ Straightening Technology. These new styling tools are designed to give you great styling techniques while minimizing heat damaging your hair.
THE NEW GENERATION OF HEAT STYLING PRODUCTS FROM ION® INCLUDE:
MAGNESIUM PRO FLAT IRON in 1” AND 1.25”
- Now available in 1.25”
- Magnesium delivers optimal heat for superior styling results
- Shiny and soft hair from the combination of magnesium and ceramic tourmaline technology
- Dual voltage for worldwide usage
- Auto shut-off function patented Magnesium technology
- Sophisticated technology that produces smooth, shiny and beautiful hair
- Easy-to-use touchscreen delivers perfect control and superior style
- 5 temperature settings up to 450F for all hair types
- Auto-shut off function in 60 minutes
- Dual voltage for worldwide usage
- High-performance DC motor
- Superb airflow and air pressure for faster dry times
- Magnesium and ceramic tourmaline make the perfect combination to create shinier and softer hair
- Patented Magnesium technology
- Super sleek and shiny results from this combination flat iron and heated brush
- Steam adds extra smoothness and shine to your style
- 5 temperature heat settings up to 450°F
- Vapor system requires filtered water
- Automatic shut-off after 60 minutes
- Ceramic heated bristles and plates provide maximum contact to each hair strand for smooth, glossy results
SETTING TEMPS FOR YOUR BEST HAIR CARE
So, how do you know which temperature you should use when styling your hair? Here are a few guidelines to help you get the look you want without sacrificing the health of your gorgeous hair.
If you’re one of the lucky ones to have untreated hair, then you have a lot more latitude when it comes to adjusting the temperature on heat styling tools. Keep your flat iron or curling iron at around 400º mark. If you have coarse hair, you can bump it up to 410º-450º, but if your hair is fine, it’s best to take it down to 350º.
You’ll want to protect your glorious color, especially redheads and blondes, by turning the temperature of your heat styling products down and using a heat protection product for added protection. This will help extend the life of your color and keep it looking vibrant and lustrous.
FINE OR DOUBLE-PROCESSED HAIR
If you have fine hair or hair that has been double-process bleached, always turn down the heat on your styling tools. A range between 200º and 350º would be safe, but never go above the 350º mark.
NATURAL OR TEXTURED HAIR
If you’ve been blessed with glorious, thick, curly hair, you have the freedom to bump up the dial on your heat styling tools anywhere from 420º to 450º range. When you’re ready for touch ups, just turn it down a bit to the 370º to 400º zone.
A FINAL WORD ABOUT BLOW DRYERS
Most people automatically switch on the highest heat setting to blow dry their hair but it’s best to tame that down a bit, regardless of your hair type. Most blow dryers have adequate temperature ranges to provide the right amount of heat for every type of hair. This will give you great drying results without causing undue damage. If you’re concerned about spending too much time blowing your hair dry and the damage you may be causing, one trick is to let it air dry until it’s about 80% there and then finish with your blow dryer on medium or even low temperature.