When you’re getting ready for the day or night, you take care to smooth your complexion and enhance your features with makeup. You blow dry and create the perfect texture for your hair with styling products, and pick out the perfect outfit and accessories. When you let your hair down and change into something more comfortable at the end of your day or evening out, part of your routine should be removing the makeup from your face. We want to share with you some amazing tips for creating your own homemade eye makeup remover. Try one of these three simple techniques:
Homemade Eye Makeup Remover
It couldn’t get much easier than this recipe for creating a homemade eye makeup remover. All you need is witch hazel and olive oil! Here’s what to do:
- Mix 2 ounces each of the witch hazel and olive oil in a clean container with a lid.
- Apply the lid, and shake the mixture to combine the ingredients each time you want to use the remover.
- Add some of the mixed liquid to a cotton ball or a cloth, and press the cotton ball or cloth across your eyes to remove the makeup.
- Wipe again with a dry cotton ball or dry part of the cloth.
Amazingly, you can keep this makeup remover for up to a year if you’re sure to keep it somewhere that is cool and dry. And it’s a completely natural formula without any chemicals.
Skin Makeup Remover
To take off skin makeup, such as concealer and foundation, all you need is some olive oil or another type of oil, such as jojoba oil. Follow this makeup removing method:
- Pour 1/2 tsp. of oil into your hand.
- Use circular motions to massage the oil into your skin for around two minutes.
- Dampen a cloth and wipe your face with it to take off the oil and the makeup with it.
This all-natural makeup remover is gentle and healthy for your skin.
Prefer the Ease of Wipes?
Wipes make it convenient to remove makeup from your skin and eyes, but you don’t have to buy expensive wipes with chemicals from the store. Make your own with this easy method:
- Add 2 tbsp. coconut oil, 2 cups purified water and 2 squeezes of baby wash to a microwaveable bowl, and heat it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Mix the heated concoction with a spoon.
- Trim a roll of paper towels to fit into a container with a lid, such as a yogurt container, when the roll is standing vertically.
- Put the paper towel roll in the container.
- Pour the microwaved mixture into the container.
- Add the lid, turn the container upside down and leave it this way for five minutes, then turn it upright. The paper towels should be soaked with the mixture.
- Take out the cardboard from the paper towel roll.
- Cut a slit in the lid that you can pull the makeup remover wipes through.
An alternative version is to use a pile of separated paper towel sheets instead of a roll, and put them into a square or rectangular container, removing the lid every time you want a wipe.
Try these homemade recipes for creating makeup remover from home. They are easy to make, and they skip the harmful chemicals many store-bought makeup removers contain. Try one or more of these recipes to get the makeup off each night for clean skin and eyes while you sleep.