How to get the look:
Note: If your hair has already been prelightened with the ombré lightening technique, go straight to step 8.
- Mix Ion Color Brilliance Powder Lightener with Ion Color Brilliance Sensitive Scalp 40 Volume Crème Developer.
- Divide your hair into 4 sections or quadrants.
- Beginning at the back in the nape, create horizontal subsections that measure about 3 ½ inches thick. For denser/thicker hair, work with only 2-inch subsections. Back brush each section with the teasing brush at least 5 times to soften the line of demarcation (the division between the sections).
- Apply the lightener generously to the bottom 3/4 of hair and wrap with foil.
- Continue working up the head through each of the sections, from the bottom to thetop of the head.
- Allow hair to prelighten to a pale yellow shade.
- Rinse, lightly shampoo, and follow with an application of Ion Color Brilliance After Color Treatment. Dry the hair completely.
- Apply your desired Ion Color Brilliance Brights shade(s) on your freshly/previously lightened ends. Wrap each section in foil to keep the colors separated and process according to directions. Note: Always read the product packaging and inserts for complete directions, instructions, and warnings, and make sure to perform both a strand test and patch test before applying your color.
- Rinse with cool water, lightly shampoo, and style as desired.